Spartans can submit photos for possible inclusion in our daily photo journal by 1) uploading images through an online form or 2) by posting directly to social media and tagging posts #AWeekattheG and #UNCGWay. You do not have to be on campus to participate. Whether locally or globally, if you’re making an impact as a Spartan, we want to see it!
University Communications is sponsoring two photo contests for this project:
- Participants will be eligible to win $40 in SpartanCash as part of a “Photo of the Day” hashtag contest on Twitter and Instagram. Only photos that are publicly viewable, tagged #AWeekattheG and #UNCGWay, and published from March 29 to April 4, 2020, are eligible. SpartanCash will be uploaded to the winners’ Spartan I.D. card and can be used at various University shopping and dining locations on campus.
- Participants who upload their photos through our online form are eligible to win our “Spartan Favorite” photo contest. The first-place winner’s photo will be displayed on a billboard along Gate City Boulevard. Finalists will be selected by the University Communications team, and the winner will be chosen by campus vote. Eligible photos must be captured during the event week.
WHAT KIND OF PHOTOS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
We want to document the many ways we provide opportunity, excellence, and impact as an institution. We also want to visually portray our campus culture and spirit.
We aim to avoid static, posed, behind-the-podium type imagery. Instead, we want more candid, hands-on and engaging photos. Some examples:
- classroom discussions or meetings with mentors;
- a spring graduate picking up their cap and gown;
- athletes training or warming up before a game;
- instructors providing swim lessons at the Kaplan Center;
- staff members sharing a meal together on campus;
- students tuning their instruments or rehearsing before a performance;
- students working on a capstone project, or participating in internships or service-learning projects;
- a facilities staff member hanging a banner before a campus event, or project manager visiting a construction site;
- an alumnus participating in a University event.
We encourage faculty, staff, students, and alumni studying abroad or engaging in relevant work off-campus to share their pictures as well.
Participating photographers should follow our campus photography guidelines while participating in this project. Participants should take special care when photographing children or other sensitive populations. Please get verbal or written permission of any subjects you photograph, per our photography guidelines.
HOW WILL UNCG USE THE PHOTOS THAT I SUBMIT?
By submitting your photos online, you give UNCG permission to publish those images on social media, in print and digital publications, advertising and other communications without compensation.
A selection of images will be shared on the University’s “A Week at the G” website and on social media. Others will be added to a University digital repository that is accessible to the campus community.
University Communications reserves the right to select which images will be included on the web and in its digital repository.